Friday, December 13, 2013


I just wanted to share with everyone the 100 % free Internet Protection that I use.  Someone shared this with me a while back, and I like it better than the one I had paid $60/yr for!

K9 Web Protection is a free Internet Filter for your computer.  I like it because it is so specific.  For example, I can block out all social media sites, gambling, drug use, etc.  However, I may want to allow Facebook as the only social media site we can use.  Or, I might just want to allow Facebook for 15 minutes.  Whatever the goals my husband has set for our family, we can restrict and allow specific websites and time limits.

I have the password for the Web Protection in my home and no one else does. 

I did not have an internet filter in our home for so long because I didn't feel I could afford it (but in reality, if I could afford internet, I should be able to afford making it safe for our family).  However, we had purchased some because we were finding it more and more difficult to get on websites without seeing immodest dress and inappropriate behaviors and speech.

This won't eliminate 100% of bad things.  You have to know the website you are going on and have to be certain of what you're looking at.  The best internet filter is yourself.  However, this can help when you're searching for something on the internet, and to help prevent you from clicking on something bad that you thought was okay.  It can also help husbands and sons (and certainly women too) from certain temptations.

I hope that you'll love your family enough to not only protect them from the outside world, but from the world wide web as well.  There are probably more dangers online than in the real world.

So, I'd love to hear from you.  What sort of internet filters do you use in your home?  I'd love for you to share them in the comments below.  Also, if you decided to use K9, let me know!  I'd love to hear that others are being blessed by this information. 

Get the word out about this internet filter!  You can share this article below this post (via Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, Google and Email).  You can also pin this post to Pinterest by hovering your mouse over the picture at the top of the page and pinning it.

As always, I'd love for you to subscribe for free to my monthly e-mails.  You can do so by entering your e-mail in the box on the right hand side at the top!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?