Saturday, December 28, 2013


I can't believe it, but my baby girl is 1 year old today!  She has been such a joy this past year.  She has been such a perfect baby.  She never really cried or fussed.  She is always so content.  Her smile is priceless and has always turned my frown upside down this past year. 

One of my favorite things I have gotten to witness is her and Araylah becoming best friends.  I remember when Brea was born, Araylah was saying, "Bye, Bye Baby" when we tried showing the baby to her.  Araylah was not ready to share everything with Brea.

But once she realized Brea was here to stay, she accepted her role as a big sister.  Over the last couple of months, as Brea has been mobile and playful, they have been able to enjoy one another even more.

I never had a sister.  I'm so excited to see them becoming best friends.  As with any best friend, you'll probably fight with them more than anyone else (especially children as they're learning how to behave).  But they will also have a bond that I will never understand (and I'm okay with that.  I'm just happy they get to experience it).

Brea, when your sister came along, I couldn't imagine anyone else being so sweet.  Yet, here you are.  You're completely different from Araylah, yet you're just as perfect.  I am so grateful for the joy you have brought me this past year.  We have had our rough days, sleepless nights, and frustrating moments, but the joy that has been overflowing in my life has never left.  I am grateful to you for that! 

My prayer for you for this next year is that you'll begin walking, talking, and learning acceptable behavior in this family.  I also want to train you to be still during Family Bible Time, and ultimately in church.  I will teach and train you and raise you up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.  Your father and I are praying for you, and we still continue to teach you and your sister to doing what we feel is right according to Scripture.  We love you so much and are so proud of you already!  Remember, nothing can ever take away our love for you!

We are having Brea's birthday party tomorrow, so I will try and post pictures up next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?