![]() |
| San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival Semi-Finalist 2010 |
Today I am going to review Children Are a Blessing by Moore Family Films. I recently watched this documentary and it is wonderful! If you were ever like me and wondered why people had so many children and what the Bible says about it, this is the DVD for you. Even if you believe children are a blessing, this DVD offers wonderful encouragement!
This DVD tackles the tough questions that Christians and churches often will not talk about for fear of "offending someone." I love the point that Shane makes in one of his interviews. It's something often I have thought of, but he puts it in wonderful terms. He basically says that we think we are "pro-life" when really we're just "anti-abortion" (paraphrased). We don't believe in killing babies, but we're not standing up for life...we're just standing up against death. Where do you stand on this issue? I'm afraid that for much of my life I was just ignorantly "anti-abortion," not "pro-life" as I had claimed.
This DVD also tackles the Birth Control Pill. So many of us Christians, myself included, have been deceived into thinking that taking the Birth Control Pill is the responsible thing to do; even by the church. Yet, when we look at Scripture, we just can't justify it. And certainly when we look at how the pill works, we can't condone its murdering of fertilized eggs (which are lives).
This documentary can be purchased for download, however, I encourage you to purchase the actual DVD. There are some really great bonus features on the DVD that are not on the download...and I think the bonus features are just as great as the documentary itself!
One of my favorite parts of the DVD is one of the bonus features: The Children's Perspective. Here you get to listen to the five oldest speak. Not only are they well-spoken and far more mature than most of their peers, you can see their genuine gratefulness that each and every one of their siblings are here. They are so grateful to their parents for not following the "norm."
As the family prepares for their newest edition, you will watch with encouragement seeing a family work together to bring glory to God. As news of many Christian families being persecuted (more recently of the Christian Family in Texas), this film will encourage families to rise up and stand for life...not just against abortion....in a world that seems to look down upon them.
While our Country is having fewer and fewer children, Christians should be multiplying the earth with more and more children to serve and glorify our God. Can you imagine what our world would be like if followers of Christ were in the majority? Instead, we as Christians have fallen for the deception that we can't "afford" children or that it's not healthy for a mother to have many children or even that they are a burden. Though society is telling us this, the Bible tells us something vastly different. Will you listen to society or to the Word of God? This film will encourage the family by reminding us why God designed the family the way He did. It will encourage us in life...not in death.
If you love the Duggar Family, you'll love the Moore Family! I highly encourage you to purchase this film! It's wonderful for families, churches, and to pass along to friends! I don't want to miss out on any children (a.k.a blessings) that God has for me and I am so glad that people like the Moore Family are standing out and helping to educate other brothers and sisters in Christ who maybe are being deceived as well!
1/30/2014 04:18:00 PM
Lindy

Posted in 






0 comments:
Post a Comment
Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?