Below, I want to show you a video of how my family has Family Bible Time. This is in no way the only way to do it, nor is it a typical day for us. We just hope that it will encourage you and your family to begin reading the Word of God together as a family. Individual time in the Word is very important, but we believe that we will not regret having this time together as a family.
We did forget to say our Weekly Bible Verse together as a family. I guess with all of the hustle and bustle and transferring everything outside on the spur of the moment threw us off. But I love that my husband found a beautiful day and decided to take Bible Time outside today! :) And no, I haven't had a shower yet...but honestly, I don't most days before Bible Time. But that's life. We do not always accomplish the goals we want to every Bible Time. We forget things, make mistakes, and sometimes have fussy children. The point is that we do it consistently, regardless. What are some ways your family reads God's Word and prays together as a family? Any tips or tricks that have proven to be effective for your family?
Since we began Bible Time as a family, we have noticed an even greater closeness amongst one another. A big benefit is that my children are learning to sit still when needed (although there is still quite a way to go). This helps when we're at church, at an event, or anywhere where I need 30 minutes or so of being "relatively" still (we had a short Bible Time today).
We also include the children in the Bible Time (Hence, the name FAMILY Bible Time). Araylah is in charge of keeping all of our Bibles and getting them out and putting them away. Each child gets to pick a song that we sing during worship time (Brea always wants to sing "This Little Light of Mine.")
There are days when we have long discussions about what we read, and there are days when there is little discussion. Right now, the children are young, so we don't have many questions from them. Usually it's just a discussion between Mark and I, and we include the children when possible. However, this will change over the years....so we'll adjust to our family's needs.
No two family's Bible time will look the same.
I just hope this video encourages you in what you're already doing or if not, to BEGIN having that time together as a family. If you don't know where to start, I highly recommend Feed My Sheep by Steve Maxwell (it's for Dads/Husbands and is only $10.00). I receive no monetary benefit from recommending it, but we think it has been really good for your family and may be for yours as well.
Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?
A blog for Christian Moms who just want some encouragement, a good laugh, advice, and tips. From homeschooling, to hot topics that no one will talk about, to products that work/don't work...this blog gives you lots of information in one place! I'm a normal mom and am NOT promoting or selling you something! I'm a Conservative Christian mom who believes in the blessings of children, dressing modestly (inside and out), and the KJV Bible. I want to learn to stop asking myself, "Is this a sin?" and start asking myself, "Is this edifying to the Kingdom of God?" I am grateful to my wonderful husband Mark for leading our family on the straight and narrow path. It's usually not the easiest path, but it is the most rewarding!
Araylah Grace
A.K.A.-RayRay...My oldest child is 3 years old. She is much like me and she loves to cook and clean! She knows all the books of the Bible and is always looking out for others. She is shy, but once she warms up to you, watch out: She'll talk your ear off!
Brea Faith
At 17 months, Brea is the baby of the family. She is full of energy and a leader! She loves playing with her big sister and learning from her!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?