The following is a poem I wrote of what I view to be the perspective of Jesus about His birthday. Let me know if you agree by commenting below and feel free to share a link to this post! :)
What I really want for CHRISTmas
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to tone down your Christmas lights,
To stop spoiling your children with tons of presents,
Instilling selfishness and fights.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to look down the street,
At the widow's house so lonely,
And to go to her to meet.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to slow your pace,
While others hurridly pass you by,
You, instead, show grace.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to show My love,
Not to just those around you,
But to those you would never think of.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to share My story,
By sharing My love and mercy,
And giving Me all the glory.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to take this day,
And to find someone who has a need,
My Love to them you are to display.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to sing a song,
Of praises to My Father,
All of the yearlong.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to show your child,
The example of how we should treat others,
With kindness ever so mild.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to open your door,
To welcome those less fortunate,
With the blessings from your Lord.
What I really want for CHRISTmas,
Is for you to take this day,
To shine a light on a darkened world,
To show them, I am the ONLY way.
11/05/2013 06:20:00 PM
Lindy
Posted in 






0 comments:
Post a Comment
Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?