Friday, June 13, 2014




I have been holding on to this secret for a little while now!  I've really wanted to share this great resource, but I wanted to make sure it was really good before sharing it with everyone...and it is :)

It's another great way to learn KJV Bible Verses!  In our home, we like to learn our verses as a family.  If you've read my other posts, you know we write our weekly verse up on the door and memorize it as a family (no one can exit the door without reciting the verse).  Even our 17 month old gets involved!

Well, I have tried many resources to get the whole family involved, and have been disappointed.  Some are not good quality books, dvds, flash cards...etc.  Some advertise KJV, but not all verses are, or there are many typos.  It's really difficult to find good, quality products out there that fit my particular family's needs.

But this next product does just that...and best of all, there is something for ALL ages and for the entire family!  Did I mention that you can win a copy?


Introducing:      SCRIPTURE TALK...






Please note that I am in no way affiliated with Scripture Talk, nor have I been paid to give this review.  This is my honest opinion and I am giving it because I enjoy sharing with others products that have encouraged our family.  I hope they will encourage yours as well).  Scripture Talk so graciously has given me this copy that I can now forward on to you!  I had purchased my copy when it first came out and decided then and there I had to share this Dvd with my readers.  They were looking for a way to get the word out about their new DVD and lovingly sent me this copy to giveaway to one of you!


This is a great DVD that teaches, not just Bible verses, but Bible passages through: repetition, illustration, teaching, and hand motions!  Each verse is broken down and other children demonstrate hand motions.  Later, the verse is explained so the child can not only memorize it, but apply it to their daily life.

There will be times when the verses are written upon the screen as they are being memorized.  This is great to make sure the verse is being said correctly, and also helping younger readers learn to associate the written word with the spoken word.

During the lesson, Kate and the others do a WONDERFUL job at keeping your child's attention and using illustrations to help your child understand what they are saying.  Their personalities are infectious and endearing!

All in all, your child (or yourself) will learn 79 verses of Scripture!

Each of the 10 passages on this DVD includes:
  • A group of children demonstrating the passage
  • Verse-by-verse teaching of the words and motions
  • An engaging lesson explaining the passage and how the children can apply it to their daily lives
Bible passages on this DVD:
  • Psalm 1
  • Matthew 7:24-27
  • Mark 12:28-34
  • Ephesians 4:25-32
  • Ephesians 6:10-18
  • James 1:2-8
  • Romans 8:31-39
  • Philippians 2:2-11
  • Philippians 4:4-9
  • 1 Corinthians 13
You can watch the trailer for the video here:







One of my great concerns with DVDS are keeping the attention of my children.  I know that since my children don't watch a lot of videos, they are more likely to watch anything rather than the average child.  However, I do believe this video will keep the attention of most children.  First of all, it is done by children...and kids love to watch other kids.  Secondly, there is something for all ages.  You may have to hit "repeat" on your DVD remote for a certain section, or go to certain chapters and select the scenes that keep your little one's attention.  For example, while my oldest child (just turned 3) loves to watch it all, my little one (17 month) will not watch the teaching scene entirely through yet.  Therefore, we might skip that part for her and just repeat the children doing the motions with the verses.  It's very versatile and you can do what fits your family's individual needs.

Conclusion:


I believe this DVD is a really great product for all Christians to have who have children or grandchildren in their homes.  I highly recommend it and I hope that you'll share Scripture Talk Ministries via Facebook and other forms of Social Media.  As moms, we really need to be sharing the things that are helping our children grow in the Lord.  We can't keep them to ourselves because we want our children to have other strong brothers and sisters in Christ to lean on as they grow older.

Even if you don't win this DVD, I hope you'll consider purchasing it.  Just know that your money is going to people who are helping to share the Gospel into homes and churches across the Country.  You may also want to give this as a gift (especially to those children who may not already be hearing the Word of God in their homes).



Now onto the giveaway!

This giveaway will be open for one week and is open to all legal residents of the United States ages 18 and over.  Only one entry per person please!  However, there are many ways to enter.  You don't have to do them all, but the more ways you enter, the more chances you have and winning this great DVD!  The contest begins on June 13, 2014 at 5:00 pm (CST) and ends on June 21, 2014 at 12:00 am (CST).  Good luck and please share with friends and family!



a Rafflecopter giveaway



1 comment:

  1. Very sweet review - thank you so much Lindy! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Conservative Christian Mom is a blog about encouraging Christian Moms to fulfill their calling. Here we can all share tips, advice, discuss hot topics that no one else will, and encourage one another in the Lord. Why not come join us?